LEARN best PCOS diet tips to control PCOS & THYROID DISEASE. Video presenter – Dietitian Jyoti Chabria.
PCOD/ PCOS Diet :-
Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is common hormonal disorder found in young girls and women of reproductive age. It is one of the most common causes of infertility. In this disorder the patients have multiple small cysts in their ovaries. This happens when the systematic changes of a normal menstrual cycle are disturbed. As the ovaries become enlarged they produce excessive amounts of androgen and estrogenic hormones. Studies show that almost five 5 – 10 percent of women suffer from this all over the world. A proper diet can play a very crucial role in the treatment of PCOD. The first symptoms of this disorder are usually unexplained weight gain.
To make PCOS more understandable, let me put it across in this way- Pcos is the increase in the male hormone called androgen that females produce. This in turn can affect the ovulation system that helps in releasing of eggs.
Let us have a look at some of the symptoms of PCOS:
1. Hair growth: PCOS can cause hair to grow rapidly on the face, chest and the stomach areas in women.
2. Change in voice: This problem can make the voice become deeper in women. PCOS changes the tone of your voice.
3. Thin Hair: PCOS can make the texture of your hair to become thin.
Some causes of PCOS are as follows:
1. Heredity: If someone n the family suffers from pcos then you are likely to develop the same problem.
2. Increased insulin level: If the insulin level increases in your body then it can affect the ovaries by them producing more androgen.
Similarly the symptoms of thyroid are:
1. Hair becomes coarse and dry.
2. Your skin feels dry and rough.
3. Feeling lethargic most of the times.
The causes of thyroid are as follows:
1. Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis: This is the most common cause of thyroid wherein the antibodies destroy the thyroid gland slowly.
2. Inflamed gland: This is another cause of thyroid decease where the gland gets swollen or inflamed.
Remember the weight loss is slow if you suffering from this disorder hence do not resort to any crash diet .The trick is to start with a slow reduction in weight, under proper supervision. You will achieve success if your target is about 2-3 kilos in a month.
Regulate your diet: PCOS Diet for Weight Loss
A balanced diet in this condition would be an inclusion of whole grains and vegetables, as a high protein and high fiber diet are excellent to lose weight. Reduction of carbs in your diet will help deal with the insulin levels, this is essential as this disorder affects the insulin levels in the body. It is best to avoid breads, cakes and cookies etc. as they are high in carbs .All those suffering from PCOS need to reduce their sodium intake .Avoid all form of market made sauces and soups, as they are high in sodium. To lose weight, it is always recommended to have 5-6 small meals rather than 3 big meals. Increase your intake of water as it will help your body flush out all the toxins.
Restrict oil intake:
Regulate the use of oil in your diet. Remember it is better to steam or boil rather than fry your food. Avoid high saturated fat. Switch to olive oil.
Your day should include some form of exercise to help you burn the excess fat in your body.
Jyoti Chabria is a Consultant Dietitian for many major hospitals, colleges and corporates in India. She is a national award winner for her nutrition product line ‘Nutriline’.
With over 20 years of experience, she aims to create public awareness in the field of healthcare and conduct several camps and workshops.
For more videos subscribe to https://www.youtube.com/StylecrazeTV
Stylecraze Beauty Videos:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5hoGKKfhuv-lD7YPw6_0w
Stylecraze Yoga Videos :- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4BcD0wemxIaoS59ULIKnBg
Stylecraze Fitness Videos :- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4BcD0wemxIaoS59ULIKnBg