Semolina Handvo, Sooji ka Handvo, Rava Handvo Recipe Full Of Veggies, Traditional Gujarati Handvo Recipe
Ingredients of Sooji Handvo
Semolina (सूजी ) – 3/4 cup ( 130 gms )
Chickpea flour (बेसन ) – 1/2 cup ( 50 gms )
Fresh whisked curd (दही ) – 1/2 cup
Grated carrot (कद्दूकस किया गाजर ) – 1/2 cup
Cauliflower (फूलगोभी ) -1/2 cup ( finely chopped )
Capsicum (शिमला मिर्च ) – 1/2 cup ( finely chopped )
Roasted Peanuts (भुने हुए मूंगफली ) – 2 tbsp
Oil (तेल ) – 3 to 4 tbsp
Turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर ) – 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर ) – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder (धनिया पाउडर) – 1 tsp
Curry leaves (करी पत्ते ) – 10 to 12
Ginger paste (अदरक पेस्ट ) – 1 tsp
Green chilies (हरी मिर्च ) – 2 to 3 ( finely chopped )
Eno fruit salt ( इनो फ्रूट साल्ट ) – 3/4 tsp
Salt (नमक ) – more than 1 tsp or to taste
Black mustard seeds (काले सरसों के दाने ) – 1 tsp
Sesame seesds (तिल ) – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds (जीरा ) – 1/2 tsp
How to Make Sooji Handvo
1. Take semolina in a mixing bowl, add chickpea flour, fresh whisked curd. Mix all. Add water and prepare dense dough.
2. Once dense batter is ready, add spices such as turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, ginger paste, finely chopped green chili, more than 1 tsp salt, mix all ingredients well.
3. Add veggies such as grated carrot, finely chopped cauliflower, finely chopped capsicum, roasted peanuts. Mix all ingredients. if batter seems dense add water. Keep batter aside to set for 10 minutes.
4. Once 10 minutes pass, put pan to heat. Add eno fruit salt to Handvo batter, mix it. Meanwhile add 2 to 3 tbsp oil to the pan.
5. Once oil is rightly hot, add black mustard seeds. Reduce flame, add cumin seeds, sesame seeds, saute it. Put handvo batter in pan, spread evenly. Cover and cook the handvo on low medium flame for 10 minutes.
6. Check the Handvo, if roasted from beneath and dark from above , flip it in a thali.
7. To roast other side, add the leftover oil. Then add sesame seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, slightly roast spices. Put handvo in pan, sesame seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds. Cover and cook it on low medium flame for 12 minutes.
8. Check Handvo, place thali and flip handvo likewise. Handvo is roasted well.
9. Soft and puffy Handvo is ready to be served. Relish it anytime for breakfast or as snack.
Subscribe for more recipes –
For the Best recipes on YouTube, log onto –
Find us on Facebook at –
Visit my Hindi Website