Say hello to the only sauce you’ll ever need.
OK, maybe not the only sauce. But pretty dang close.
If you’ve never had chimichurri, prepare to be blown away. It’s my new favorite thing! Shall we?
This magical chimichurri sauce is simple, requiring just 10 minutes, 1 bowl (or food processor), and 8 ingredients to prepare.
The base is spicy serrano pepper and garlic, which is layered with fresh cilantro and parsley. Lime juice, salt, and maple syrup add acidity, saltiness, and a little sweetness to balance the flavors. And avocado adds a creamy, silky-smooth finish.
Just like that, you have delicious, 10-minute chimichurri sauce on your hands! Go forth and put chimichurri on everything (then we can be twins).
I hope you all LOVE this sauce! It’s:
Easy to make
& So delicious
Since discovering this sauce, I’ve been putting it on practically everything: pizza, veggie burgers, tacos, grilled vegetables, enchiladas – the list goes on. If you don’t have a food processor or a blender, you can also try my unblended chimichurri here, which pairs perfectly with my Portobello Steaks!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and be sure to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can see. Cheers, friends!
Easy Chimichurri Sauce (10 minutes!)
Creamy, spicy chimichurri sauce that requires 10 minutes and 8 ingredients! Perfect for adding to tacos, grilled vegetables, veggie burgers, and more!
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Sauce
Cuisine: Mexican-Inspired, Vegan, Gluten-Free
Serves: ~ 1 cup
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 serrano pepper, seeds / stems removed (use less if not into spicy food)
- 1 cup (20 g) packed cilantro, thick bottom stems cut off
- 1 cup (20 g) packed flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp (45 g) ripe avocado
- 1/4 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) lime juice
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup (or other sweetener of choice)
- optional: 1 Tbsp (15 ml) avocado oil (or sub more water)
- Water to thin (~3 Tbsp or 45 ml)
- Place garlic and pepper in a food processor along with the cilantro, parsley, avocado, salt, lime juice, maple syrup, and oil (optional).
- Process/mix until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Thin with water until a semi-thick (but pourable) sauce is formed.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more serrano pepper for heat, garlic for spice/zing, avocado for creaminess, salt for saltiness, lime for acidity, or maple syrup for sweetness.
- Transfer to a serving container and enjoy immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 4-5 days. Be sure to seal tightly or the sauce will lose its vibrant green color.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 of 8 (2 Tablespoon) servings.
Serving size: 2 Tbsp (1 of 8 servings) Calories: 25 Fat: 1.2 g Saturated fat: 0.2 g Carbohydrates: 4 g Sugar: 1.8 g Sodium: 77 mg Fiber: 0.8 g Protein: 0.4 g