Malwa Dal Bafle Recipe – Dal Bafla bati recipe
Ingredients for Dal Bafle
Wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा) – 2 cup (300 gms)
Semolina (सूजी ) – ½ cup (100 gms)
Curd (दही ) – 1/3 cup
Ghee (घी ) – 2 tbsp (for dough )
Ghee (घी ) – ½ cup ( for frying & Serving)
Carom seeds (अजवायन) – ½ tsp
Cumin seeds (जीरा ) – ½ tsp
Salt (नमक ) – 1/3 tsp or to taste
Baking soda (बेकिंग सोडा ) – ¼ tsp
How to Make Dal Bafla Bati :
1. Take 2 cup wheat flour in a mixing bowl, add ½ cup semolina,1/3 cup curd, 2 tbsp ghee, ½ tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp carom seeds (crushed by hand). Also add 1/3 tsp salt or to taste, ¼ tsp baking soda. Mix all ingredients well.
2. Knead soft dough with lukewarm water. We have used ¾ cup water for dough.Cover and keep dough aside for 20 to 25 minutes to set. Once set, grease hands with ghee and knead a little then make dough balls from it.
3. Lift a dough lump, give a round shape then press it like a peda. Prepare all batis likewise.
4. Place at least 5 to 6 cups water in a vessel and cover to boil. Take as much water in which the bati can be dipped and cooked. Turn on flame.
5. Once water is boiled well. Put batis in water one by one. Boil for 15 to 16 minutes. When batis are boiled well and puffed up and have slight cracks. Turn off flame. Take out the batis , and let them cool.
6. To roast the batis, turn on flame heat a pan, add 4 to 5 tsp ghee to it. Once hot , place the batis in pan.
7. Cover the pan and roast for 5 minutes. Then flip when crisp. Roast well until golden brown. We have flipped and cooked the batis for 25 minutes. Turn off flame. Take out batis in a plate.
8. Lift a bati, press and break it with a spoon, add a little ghee to it. Serve it with a steaming hot bowl of dal. 11 Batis are ready with this quantity of dough. Enjoy the special recipe from Indore it tastes superb. I am sure you will relish very bite of it.
Subscribe for more recipes –
For the Best recipes on YouTube, log onto –
Find us on Facebook at –
Visit my Hindi Website