What happens when you combine the flavors of a juicy bacon cheeseburger with classic meatloaf? Bacon cheeseburger meatloaf! We packed all of the flavors of a great American burger into this family-friendly main dish that only takes 15 minutes to prep before you pop it in the oven.
Meatloaf too often gets a bad wrap for being dry and flavorless, and no one wants to eat something like that. Not this delicious cheeseburger meatloaf recipe! Lean ground turkey keeps the dish on the lighter side, while ingredients like ketchup, pickle relish, and lots of cheddar cheese give it the flavor of a cheeseburger while at the same time keeping it moist. Eight slices of turkey bacon crumbled on top make it taste even better — because, bacon. Want more bold flavor? Swap in sharp cheddar cheese or provolone and double the garlic.
Make this simple cheeseburger meatloaf recipe to feed a hungry family, try it for your next meal prep menu, or freeze individual slices for an easy weeknight dinner any time! We love to serve this meatloaf just as it is with a side of veggies or sweet potato fries, or try it as an open-faced sandwich on a slice of toasted whole-grain bread spread with ketchup or mustard and topped with lettuce and slices of tomato.
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
Recipe type: Lunch/Dinner
- 4 slices low-sodium sprouted whole-grain bread, torn into large pieces
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1½ lbs. raw 93% lean ground turkey
- 8 slices turkey bacon, cooked, chopped, divided use
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup dill pickle relish
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup all-natural ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place bread in food processor; pulse for 10 to 20 seconds, or until bread turns into coarse bread crumbs.
- Combine bread and almond milk in a large bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add turkey, ¾ of turkey bacon, cheese, pickle relish, egg, garlic, and onion to bread mixture; mix well with clean hands (or a rubber spatula).
- Place turkey mixture in loaf pan. Spread ketchup evenly over meatloaf. Sprinkle evenly with remaining turkey bacon.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160º F, and meatloaf is cooked through.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 111 mg
Sodium: 545 mg
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 3 g
Protein: 26 g
¼ Carb Grain
Body Beast Portions
Portion Fix Containers
Not familiar with Portion Fix? Find out how Portion Fix can make losing weight simple.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a nutrition question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.