It’s here! The chocolaty, rich, naturally sweet, tender zucchini bread of my dreams. Have I convinced you of how delicious this is yet? Let me show you how!
This recipe is incredibly easy to make, requiring just 1 bowl and simple, wholesome ingredients.
The base is a blend of flax eggs, coconut oil, zucchini, and applesauce, while maple syrup and coconut sugar add the perfect amount of natural sweetness. Then comes plenty of cocoa powder for that rich chocolate flavor.
For gluten-free flours, I tested many combinations, but a mixture of oat flour, gluten-free flour, and almond flour worked best! It created a fluffy, tender zucchini bread that was moist but not at all gummy in the center.
Once your bread has baked, it’s important to let it cool all the way. I know! It’s tough. But the longer this bread cools, the fluffier and more tender it becomes.
I hope you all LOVE this zucchini bread! It’s:
& Totally drool-worthy
This would make the perfect breakfast (pair it with coconut butter or coconut yogurt!), snack, or healthier dessert. I even enjoyed mine with a bit of creamy peanut butter for a bit more protein. Serious yum.
For more delicious baked goods, check out our 1-Bowl Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins, Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins, 1-Bowl Gluten-Free Banana Bread, Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, and 5-Ingredient Vegan Gluten-Free Cookies!
If you try this recipe, be sure to let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can see! Cheers, friends!
1-Bowl Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Fluffy, tender, insanely delicious Chocolate Zucchini Bread! Made in just 1 bowl, naturally sweetened, SO delicious!
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Snack, Dessert, Breakfast
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp (14 g) flaxseed meal + 5 Tbsp (75 ml) water)
- 1/4 cup (61 g) applesauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 1/3 cup (64 g) coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup (48 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted coconut oil (or sub another neutral oil)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup (~130 g) grated zucchini (squeezed dry and lightly packed in measuring cup)
- 3/4 cup (120 g) gluten-free flour blend
- 1/3 cup (30 g) gluten-free oat flour (finely ground rolled oats)
- 1/3 cup (37 g) almond flour (or almond meal, though I haven’t tested it this way)
- 1/3 cup (75 g) dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips + more for topping (I like Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and line a standard 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare flax eggs and let rest for 5 minutes. Then add applesauce, maple syrup, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, and cocoa powder, and whisk again.
- Next add the melted coconut oil and almond milk and whisk to combine. Add grated zucchini (that’s been squeezed of excess moisture) and stir to combine.
- Add gluten-free flour, oat flour, and almond flour and whisk until just combined. If the batter appears too thick, add a touch more almond milk. But it should be thick and scoopable.
- Lastly, stir in chocolate chips. Then transfer batter to the loaf pan and top with a few more chocolate chips (optional).
- Bake 45 minutes – 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean and the edges feel semi-firm to the touch.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Then carefully lift onto a cooling rack using the parchment paper. Texture is best when cooled completely. Will keep covered at room temperature for 3-4 days or in the freezer up to 1 month.
Serving size: 1 slice (of 10) Calories: 216 Fat: 10.8 g Saturated fat: 7.1 g Carbohydrates: 31.1 g Sugar: 15 g Sodium: 58 mg Fiber: 4.1 g Protein: 3.4 g